If you can see your face in the video but can't see your client, it may be because you or your client have not joined the session, or it may be due to a technical issue. First, make sure all participants have clicked the I'm Ready! button and that you have clicked Admit for all participants. After you verify that everyone has joined the session properly, you can move on to technical troubleshooting.
Click the I'm Ready Button
- Launch the session. Your face will display in the sidebar.
- Click the I'm Ready! button. Depending on the device, it may be necessary to scroll down to see this button.
NOTE: All participants must click the I'm Ready! button. If your client's Waiting Room Status is Invited: Connecting (Orange), it means they have launched the session but have not clicked the I'm Ready! button. You can Open a Waiting Room Chat with your client to let them know.
Admit All Participants
- Once you and your client have both clicked the I'm Ready! button, click Admit.
NOTE: You will not have the option to Admit a participant until they have clicked the I'm Ready! button.
- Video displays for participants after Admit has been clicked.
A client's video may not display due to one of the following technical issues:
- The client doesn't have a webcam installed on their device. Ask if they have a little camera at the top. A webcam is required to launch the Telehealth session.
- The client is using an older version of the Safari browser. Version 12.2 or newer is required to use video on Telehealth. Advise the client to switch to Chrome or Firefox.
- The Chrome or Firefox browser didn't engage properly with the camera. Advise the client to simply reboot the computer and rejoin the session. You will need to Admit the Client after they rejoin.