Permissions: You must have Organization Administrator Permissions.
You can import Staff into WebABA using an Excel spreadsheet. Download the Sample Import Template (from Import page) to help guide you as you structure your Staff Data. The first line of the Template indicates how to structure your Staff Data in the Excel spreadsheet. The column headings on the spreadsheet must match the order and names on the Import Staff page or data will not be imported.
IMPORTANT: The import spreadsheet needs to be Excel 2007 or newer ending in .xlsx and not .xls Convert your CSV or txt file to Excel before importing. To convert, simply open the CSV or txt file with Excel and save as Excel file.
- If importing Legal Gender, the gender field must be the full word.
Correct Example: Male
Incorrect Example: M
- Birth Date must be imported as mm/dd/yy NOT mm/dd/yyyy
- Do not have multiple tabs of Web ABA opened at the same time as information may not save between the different tabs. Please do all work within the system on the same tab
Download Sample Import Template
This template is formatted so WebABA can read the columns of data being imported; it is not possible to upload a spreadsheet that is formatted differently from this template.
- Locate Staff and open Staff Profile.
- Click Import Staff in side navigation.
- Click download Sample Import Template.
Import Staff Data
IMPORTANT: You have the ability to delete and move columns based on the needs of your organization. But, column headings on the Excel spreadsheet must be BOTH in the same order AND be written the same way on both the Import Staff page and the spreadsheet.
- Click Add Columns drop-down menu to see available columns to add to your spreadsheet.
- Select the information field you want to add.
- Click Add.
- Drag and drop selected columns to arrange them in the order they appear in the spreadsheet.
- Click the blue Click here to upload files button and locate/open excel spreadsheet.
- Preview Staff Data before you import.
- Click Cancel Import if you need to correct something in the excel spreadsheet.
- Click Looks good, Import now button to begin Staff import.
- Your new Staff Member will receive an email similar to the one below. When they click the link in the invitation email, their account will officially be created and they will be able to use WebABA.
- The new staff member will be created and appear on the Active staff members page.