Welcome to WebABA!
You can use this onboarding success guide to help you set up your Clinic and Clients in WebABA. Each section of this guide contains information, videos, and links to articles with step-by-step instructions for every part of the implementation process, and goes in tandem to your implementation courses.
Module 1: Administration & Configuration
Module 1 focuses on customizing your Organization and add Staff. Below you will find a compilation of resources to assist as you go through the lessons in Module 1.
Payer Enrollment Form
Before diving into setting up your Organization profile and adding Staff, you will need to complete the Apex EDI Enrollment Survey to avoid delays in the process. For more information on the Clearinghouse, access our Knowledge Base.
- Set up organization profile: The information you enter here will impact the information that is displayed in your WebABA account. Take care to setup your Organization profile completely and correctly to help save time in the future and to help to safeguard against Claim rejections or denials.
- Upload organization logo: Your logo will then display and print on your Intake Forms, Notes, and all Billing Documents.
- Select a Time Zone: This is an Organization wide setting that is applied to all timed activities like the Calendar, Appointment time, Note timestamps, etc. Please note that this will default to Central Standard Time (CST). If this time zone does not correctly represent your Agency or the Clients you serve, you will need to manually change that here.
- Sign New Business Associate Agreement (BAA): You may have already signed a BAA with your Sales Associate. If you have, please do not sign again in your Organization Profile.
Billable & Non-billable Service Types
- Add Billable and Non-billable Service Types: These Service Types will be tied to each Client's Profile and are linked to the services they are authorized to receive. Please note that the Service Types will appear on the schedule, documents, and Client Portal. Because of this we recommend following the naming convention that is Client and Staff friendly. So the names should including the Insurance name, a brief name, and the Code.
Place of Service, Locations, & Rooms
- Set Location, Place of Service, & Location Groups:
- Add organization locations
- Set Default Place of Service for Your Organization
- Add rooms for your organization
- Learn more about the available WebABA Subscriptions & Plans.
Client and Parent Portal
Import Staff into WebABA
- Edit a Staff Member: Once Staff have been entered, you are able to edit their information as needed.
- Set Staff Permissions: There are five different levels of permissions that Staff members can be assigned to. Assigning Staff their permissions will indicate what they are able to access and see in their WebABA account.
- Track Staff Credentials
Module 2: Client & Billing Setup
Module 2 will take you through adding Insurers, Clients and their demographics, assigning Insurance and Authorizations, and assigning Staff and Locations to Clients. Taking the time now to completely and correctly setup everything up will help to safeguard against Claim rejections and denials, as well as save you time in the future.
- Add Payer to WebABA
- Setup EDI File Settings: Take care when you are setting up the file settings to help safe guard against Claim Rejections and Denials.
- Find and Enter my Taxonomy Code
Add Clients & Demographics
- When adding Clients, you can either add them manually or Import them.
Add or Edit Client Details: As you enter in your Client's Details, be sure to pay close attention to the fields that include the CMS logo. These fields will automatically populate on the CMS-1500 Claim form so it's important to fill them in completely and correctly.
Important: Do not add an email in the email field here.
- Generate or Edit Client ID Number: These are used on the CMS-1500 Claim Form and Superbills.
- Behavioral Assessment with Diagnostic Codes: To begin the Client EHR a behavioral assessment is made and diagnostic codes are added to the assessment.
Add Insurance & Authorizations
- Assign Client Service Types: Assigning Service Types to Clients is an important part in scheduling, because Clients can only be scheduled for appointments utilizing the Service Types they have been assigned.
- Add Insurance to Client Profile: Prior to adding the Insurance to the Client's Details, you will need to check that the Insurance company is added in your database of Insurers.
- Set Default Rending Provider for a Client: Insurance may require that a specific Provider be set as the Rendering Provider for Clients.
- Add Client Authorizations
Assign Staff, Treatment Locations, & Notes
- Assign/Remove Staff member to Clients & Case: These actions allow you control which Staff has access to specific Clients and Cases.
- Add & Validate Client Treatment Locations: Treatment locations are available when booking appointments.
- Add Contact to a Client's Contact Network
Using the Parent Portal- Client Contact Network: The Contact Network is where parent or guardian information will be entered and where you can allow them access to the Client Portal.
Important: Do not do this until you are ready to grant the Parent or Guardian access to the Client Portal.
- Upload General Documents: For secure file storage such as the front and back of the insurance card and authorizations.
- Client Document Tracking
Module 3: Scheduling & Notes
In this module, you will use the Agenda and calendar under the Schedule tab to add and manage Client appointments. You can set up calendar filters and preferences, schedule Client Appointments and Events, Non-Client Appointments and Events, Schedule Supervision Appointments, and change the status of Appointments to help categorize and keep track of Appointments.
- Set scheduling Navigation & Filters: Learn how to navigate your Schedule and create filters to customize your calendar view.
- Set Up Calendar Appearances & Preferences: These determine how your Calendar will display.
- Change Appointment Time Increments
- Schedule Client & Recurring Appointments: Learn to schedule individual Client and recurring Appointments.
- Schedule Supervision Appointments: Learn to schedule supervision appointments on your calendar.
- Create Non-Client Event: These events are non-billable services such as Administration time, travel time, PTO, etc. These events can also be a way to associate the event to a Non-Billable Service Code.
- Change Appointment Status which helps categorize and keep track of Appointments.
- Add and Complete a Progress Note.
- Link Progress Note with Calendar Appointment
- Edit a Progress Note
- Catalyst Integration Overview
- Catalyst Integration: Enable Integration
- Catalyst Integration: Staff Setup
- Catalyst Integration: Client Setup
Module 4: Invoicing & Claim Submission
Before you begin submitting claims, it's important to understand how Claims are organized and processed in WebABA. This module will also cover how to create and review Claims, and how to troubleshoot Claim rejections.
Create & Submit Claims
Module 5: ERA Management
In this module we will dive into processing ERA payments, which includes the following: