What exactly is changing in the invoice process?
- Invoices will now be generated on the 1st of the month.
- All license-based services, such as your subscription to telehealth, are billed in advance, meaning you will pay for your upcoming month’s usage on the 1st of each month.
Usage-based services and increases to license-based services are billed in arrears.
- For example, usage tracked and calculated in October will be billed on the November 1st invoice. Examples include but are not limited to active clients, revenue cycle management services, claims sent, and appointment reminders.
- One-time items, such as training or customizations, will be billed on the next invoice.
Active licenses on the 1st of the month will be charged as active licenses for the entire month.
When will these changes go into effect?
As of November 1st, 2023, the new billing data and parameters will go into effect.
What if my October invoice and payment were supposed to cover a part of November?
On November 1st, you may receive an invoice for a prorated amount for remaining time in October.
You will then receive your full month’s invoice on December 1, 2023 for November 2023.
- For example, if your current billing cycle is October 15th – November 15th, you will receive a charge for October 16th – 31th on November 1st and a full invoice for November 1st – November 31st on December 1st.
For services billed in advance, such as telehealth, you will begin receiving your invoice for services on the 1st of the month for the upcoming month. For services billed in arrears, which includes the WebABA base subscription and automatic travel appointments, you will begin receiving your invoice for services on the 1st of the month for utilization for the prior month.
Will my invoice look different?
The overall look and layout of the invoice will remain the same.
What if I remove and add licenses multiple times in a pay period? What will I see on my invoice?
Active licenses will be counted and charged on the billing anchor date. Adding or removing a license mid-month will not create a prorated charge or credit.
What if I start a new subscription in the middle of the month?
- Just like adding a new license, your new subscription will be prorated for the number of days left in the service period (i.e., days left in the month).
- For WebABA Professional & Group and Automatic Travel Appointments, you will receive the invoice at the start of the next billing period for the previous month. Then the charges associated to the subscription will fall into the recurring invoice on the 1st of the month.
For all other add on subscriptions, you will receive an invoice and be charged immediately for subscriptions to new services. Then the charges associated to the subscription will fall into the recurring invoice on the 1st of the month.
What happens if I miss a payment?
Non-payment may lead to account suspension. Once valid payment information and the payment itself are provided, any account suspensions will be removed.
How will I be charged if I’m set up with an ACH or credit card payment?
- You will receive one invoice and your account or credit card will be automatically charged. Reminder, this charge will shift to the 1st of the month.
Remember, subscribing to new services or features in the middle of a payment period will generate a separate invoice to kick off the subscriptions. Then the charges associated with the subscription will fall into the recurring invoice on the 1st of the month.
Can I pay with a check?
If you are a school or government-backed organization, you can inquire about paying via check. Otherwise, a credit card or electronic payment method is required.
If I reduce the number of licenses during a pay period, will I receive a prorated credit?
- A user's license and access will be valid for the entirety of the service period (i.e., for the month). Removing licenses mid-month will not generate a prorated credit on your next invoice.
Please make sure to cancel any licenses that will no longer be used prior to the next invoice (the 1st of the next month).
Will I lose my discount?
- No, all existing discounts will continue to be honored.