Advanced Availability is currently in Beta. If you have questions, please contact support.
Why is availability being changed?
- The ability for a staff member to specify multiple available times during a day has been a top request from our customers, and Advanced Availability accommodates that and more!
What is Advanced Availability?
- Advanced Availability allows you to specify the services that can be scheduled with you at specific times and locations.
How do I enable Advanced Availability?
- Advanced Availability can be enabled from your calendar preferences.
What happens after I enable Advanced Availability?
- After you’ve enabled Advanced Availability, your basic, or Standard Availability, and your Client Portal Settings will be removed. Availability blocks will need to be created on the calendar and can be viewed and managed in the new Availability view. When creating an availability block, you’ll be able to specify:
- When you’re available for appointments (a start and end time).
- The service types that can be scheduled during that time.
- The location you’re available for scheduling.
- If you’re available for in-person and/or Telehealth appointments.
- Whether clients can request appointments during that time on the Client Portal.
How many availability blocks can I create in a day?
- You can create as many availability blocks as you want as long as they do not overlap. For example, you can create a block from 8 AM – 12PM and from 12 PM – 5PM, but you cannot create a block from 8 AM –12 PM and from 10 AM – 5 PM on the same day.
Will I be able to use the basic version of availability when this enhancement goes live?
- Yes, the basic version of availability, called Standard Availability, will still be available.
Can I create availability blocks for other staff members?
- Yes, you can create and manage availability for other staff members. Select the permission: Can manage Advanced Availability for other staff members in the Default Permissions section for any user who needs to manage other staff's availability.
Does Advanced Availability prevent appointments from being scheduled outside of my availability?
- If an appointment is created that conflicts with the staff member’s availability, a warning message will be displayed below the appointment modal displaying the conflicts. However, the appointment can still be scheduled.
What happened to the After-hours override checkbox?
- The After-hours override checkbox has been removed, but you can still schedule appointments outside of a staff member's availability. Warning messages will display if the appointment conflicts with the availability of the staff member(s) on the appointment, but you can still proceed with saving the appointment. You no longer have to enable a checkbox and save, you can just click Save.
Can I really create availability blocks that never end?
- Not at this time. If the Never ending option is selected, availability blocks will be created for the next five years. If the series is edited, the end date will be extended to 5 years from the date of the edited occurrence.
How does this impact clients who can request appointments on the Client Portal?
- When creating an availability block, you'll be able to specify which services can be scheduled with you and if clients can request appointments from the Client Portal during that time. When a client requests an appointment from the Client Portal, it will only allow them to select service types where Client Portal scheduling has been enabled in the availability block.