Permissions: Must be Therapists assigned to Case or Administrator.
The Administrator or the Therapist assigned to the Case can link Progress Notes to Appointments.
It is important that you link the appropriate Note with correct Appointment for the following reasons:
- To transmit the proper CPT Code to an Appointment.
- For proper documentation and audit protection.
- To account for Clients with multiple Appointments on the same day.
- To prevent Clients from rescheduling or canceling documented Appointments.
Check if a Progress Note is Linked to an Appointment
There are 4 ways to check if a Progress Note is linked to an Appointment.
- Agenda - The Appointment will say Edit Progress Note instead of Add Progress Note.
- Calendar - There will be a white paper icon on Appointments with linked Progress Note.
- OR Calendar - Double click an Appointment to open it, you will see a View Linked Progress Note hyperlink.
- Missing Progress Note Report - This will show you every Appointment that does not have a linked Progress Note.
How to Link a New Progress Note to an Appointment
Scenario: Note has not been created yet.
- On the Agenda tab, navigate to appropriate Client Appointment.
- Click Add Progress Note button.
- If a Case has not been created for this Client a new one will be created.
- If there are multiple Cases you are assigned to, you will need to select appropriate Case.
- Complete Progress Note.
Scenario: Note has already been created but is not linked to Appointment.
- Navigate to appropriate Progress Note and click Edit button.
IMPORTANT: You will not be able to link/edit a Note that has already been signed. Remove the the signature to link Note.
- Click Appointment dropdown and select the Appointment you want to link to this Note.
- Click Save.
If you don't see the correct Appointment listed, please double-check the following:
- If the Note belongs to an individual Client Case, the Appointment must be an individual (not group) Appointment for the same Client.
- If the Note belongs to a Group Case, the Appointment must belong to the same Group.
- Dates for the Note and Appointment must be the same.
- At least one Staff assigned to the Note must be assigned to the Appointment.