You can create a Client Appointment from the Agenda, Client List or the Calendar. You have a lot of flexibility within Appointments to schedule multiple Staff, multiple Service Types, toggle between Locations, and/or schedule all or multi-day Appointments.
IMPORTANT: Use the Limited Scheduling feature to restrict staff from creating appointments when they do not meet the Staff Requirements you have entered into the system. If Limited Schedulig is not enabled, staff will see the warning message but can still create appointments.
- Click the Schedule tab in the navigation bar.
- Click the New Appointment icon.
- Click change preferences to select a default time zone.
NOTE: Staff members have the ability to set a default time zone that is different from organization & location time zones. For the associated staff, their agenda, calendar & appointment windows will then display in the time zone set by the staff member. Appointment times will display in the location time zone on the client list and signed documentation.
You will see this message in the appointment window if your default appointment time differs from the location time. Your preferred time zone and the appointment location time zone will show in your agenda.
- An Appointment window will open.
- Enter Client first or last name in search field if not already populated.
IMPORTANT: Click the Client name that results in the search field. This is necessary to link the appointment to the Client's File.
- Select desired Billable or Non-Billable Service Type from Service Types drop down if it did not auto-populate.
NOTE: Service types may be assigned to each client. Only assigned service types will be displayed when enabled.
- Select the Staff Member if different from yourself.
- Select Location & Room (if applicable).
- Select Telehealth (if applicable).
- Enter Mileage (if applicable).
NOTE: You can enter mileage on your appointment if your organization does not have a subscription to the Automatic Travel Appointments feature.
- Select the Date and choose the Time. If you're not seeing the minute increment you wish to see then click here to learn how to set your time scale units.
- Click Save.
Schedule with Multiple Service Types
A Service Type may default if it is set that way in the Client Profile. You can select additional Billable or Non-Billable Service Types if you want by clicking in the Service Types field.
Schedule All Day or Multi-Day Appointments
All day or multi-day Appointments can be helpful, especially if you need to block off time in your Calendar for meetings, conferences, or vacation. Scheduling an Appointment for Clients or for personal events blocks your Calendar to prevent double booking.
- In Appointment window, select Full Day box.
OR enter appropriate End Date to span multiple days.
Scheduling with Multiple Locations
If you see Clients at multiple different Locations, you will want to double check which Location is listed for each Appointment. Location may default based on your primary Location or the Client's default Location, but it can always be changed as needed.
NOTE: If you schedule at multiple Locations, you will want set your Calendar filters and views to include all applicable Locations so all your Appointments will pull in.
Book Rooms for Appointments
If Room Booking is available Room options will display in the Room dropdown. Rooms are available by Location and will display on the Agenda and on the Calendar. If you don't see the room you are looking for, ensure that you have selected the correct Location.