Permissions: You must have Billing Permissions, the Therapist "Can Edit Place of Service on Progress Notes" Permission selected, or have Administration Permissions.
Place of Service refers to the Code used in Insurance billing (CMS 1500 box 24b) is associated with Locations you have in AccuPoint, based on the type of Location that it is. For example:
- Your 'Downtown Location' may have an Office (11) Place of Service Code.
- Or your 'Uptown Location' may have a School (03) Place of Service Code.
After you have set a Place of Service, it will then auto-populate on corresponding Date of Service's Invoice.
IMPORTANT: If you use AccuPoint Telehealth, the Place of Service Code will automatically be changed to 02. Otherwise, an Appointment's Place of Service is set to 'Office' by default in AccuPoint.
This article shows you how to change Place of Service on the Progress Note. Click here to see how to set it on the Client's Invoice.
Create the Progress Note for either the Agenda/Appointment for from the Client's Progress Note tab.
- Set Place of Service in the drop down menu. This will be the default Place of Service going forward for this Client.
NOTE: The Place of Service will be greyed out if you do not have Billing Permissions or Can edit place of service on progress notes set in their Therapist permissions.
- Complete rest of your note and click Save.
If you attached the Progress Note to an Appointment, the Place of Service listed here will now populate on the Invoice.
Signed Notes that were created before this feature release (9/04/2018), the Place of Service will show as 'Office' on the electronic version (what you see in AccuPoint). If you print that same Note, the correct Place of Service will show. You do NOT need to remove the Signature from the Note to update the Place of Service.
- A staff member with Billing permissions will also be able to create and edit the invoice to set the proper Place of Service. The Place of Service set by a biller will automatically populate on an unsigned progress note unless the note is signed.