Permissions: You must have Billing Permissions with the ability to "Submit Claims to Clearinghouse" enabled.
Applying Payments from the ERA does not automatically write off the balance of the Invoice/Claim.
You can handle each Payments one by one, or you can process multiple Payments at once.
- Click Billing tab in primary navigation bar.
- Click Claims in side menu and then the ERA Received tab.
- Set the appropriate Date Range and/or Customize your Grid to include additional columns.
Process Payments One by One
- Click Actions for every Payment and select one of the following:
- Process Payment - This means you're taking the Insurance Payment and applying it to that Invoice/Claim on the Ledger. When you choose this option the Payment will automatically be applied to the Invoice/Claim. The Payment will move to the Paid/Processed tab on the Claims screen.
- Mark as Process - No Payments are being applied to the Invoice but that Payment line moves to the Paid/Processed tab. If you accidentally marked a Payment as processed without applying it then you can reverse the movement. Go to the Paid/Processed tab > click Actions next to the Payment > choose Mark As Not Processed. The Payment will go back to the ERA Received tab for you to apply.
- Resolve Mismatch - This means there is a Payment but AccuPoint was unable to find a Claim for that Payment due to the Payer missing. You can then search for the Client and select the Payer.
Process Multiple Payments
- Click the checkbox for all applicable Payments.
- At top, select Process Payments or Mark as Processed.
Once the Payment has been either processed or paid you then need to move the Claim.
- Click Accepted tab.
- Click Update Status next to appropriate Claim.
- Select Paid/Processed.