Permissions: You must have Billing Permissions with the ability to "Submit Claims to Clearinghouse" enabled.
In order to use AccuPoint to process Claims with Apex, you manage your subscriptions to add Claims and then enroll your Payers with Apex. If you have not done that, you will not be able to see all the tabs described below.
There are 5 steps in the Claims Process with Apex:
- Create the Invoice.
- Add the Invoice to Awaiting Submission - The Invoice becomes a Claim and sits in the Awaiting Submission queue. All Claims in Awaiting Submission are sent to Apex each business day at 4:30p CST.
- While you Claims are Awaiting Submission, you can perform a general Claim scrub. Claims can be checked for common errors such as Date of Birth, Gender, Address, Diagnostic Code, etc. If a Claim has no errors can be submitted to Apex.
- Claim is submitted to Apex. Here is is check again for errors.
- Claim is Accepted or Rejected.
- If the Claim is Accepted, it will move to the Accepted tab.
- If the Claim is Rejected, it will move to the Rejected/Denied tab where you can view the rejection codes/reasons and resubmit.
- ERA Received.
- Process ERAs and update the status updates to paid.