Before you begin using the Client Portal, it is important to understand each feature, how it works, and who will have access to it. We have several digestible training videos for you to learn more about how the Client Portal works.
Who Can Use the Portal?
- Only Organization Administrators can send Client Portal Invites and Intake forms to Clients.
- Therapists can access completed Intakes, send and receive Secure Messages, allow Self-Scheduling, and receive Client-made payments from the Portal.
Can I Turn On/Off Certain Client Portal Features or Settings?
Yes! Client Portal Features can be controlled from the Client Portal Settings tab located under the Organization tab in AccuPoint. The Organization Administrator can control which features to turn on or off. Settings here impact all providers using the Client Portal.
Send Client Portal Invites
Organization Administrators (and Therapists they enable to) can send Invitation emails to the Client so they can create their Client Portal Account and complete Intake Forms.
When you send the initial invite you will be able to select which Intake Forms (see below) you would like the Client to complete.
- IMPORTANT: Do not use the "Sign Up" link to invite clients who already have a client file in your account. That will create a duplicate.
- It is important to note that for privacy reasons, each Client Portal must have a unique email address. You cannot use the same email address for multiple Client Portal invitations.
Client Intake Forms
This is the most widely used feature of the Client Portal. This gives you the ability to send and receive electronically signed Intake paperwork from Clients.
There are three standard forms we provide: Standard Intake Questionnaire, Informed Consent for Psychotherapy, and Notice of Privacy Practices.
- View Existing Intake Forms under Organization > Client Portal > Intake Forms
- Create New Intake Forms
- Sent Intake Forms - You can send Intake Forms to Clients as a part of their Client Portal Invite, OR you can send new forms to existing Clients.
- Resend Intake Forms
- Receive and View Completed Intake Forms under Client Details > General Documents.
Client Access to the Portal
To access the Client Portal, the Client must setup their Portal Account via the Invitation email.
If the Client forgets how to access the Portal, you can find and send the login link. The login link is specific for your organization. You can find the login link under Organization > Client Portal page.
Therapists can have Clients Self-Schedule Appointments through their Client Portal. It will be important for each Staff Member using the Client Portal for self-scheduling to set up their own Self-Scheduling settings/availability.
Therapists can use the Secure Messaging option to send and receive HIPAA compliant messages to Clients they are assigned to. Administrators with a Client Portal subscription can send Secure Messages to any Client who has a Client Portal Account. Learn more about Secure Messaging.
If the Organization is using AccuPoint to process credit card payments, Clients can make Payments in their Portal as long as they have an open Invoice with a Client Balance Due. Both the Administrator and the assigned Therapist will receive a payment notification.
Additional Client Portal Resources