Permissions: You must have Organization Administration Permissions.
To understand the different types of Appointment Reminders review the Appointment Reminder Overview.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN:
To successfully register with our text messaging service the following must be in the Location Address in the Organization Settings Profile:
NOTE: you will receive an email notification if your SMS registration is unsuccessful.
- State/Province: Only a two-character state code can be used (e.g., SC for South Carolina). The full name of the state cannot be entered into this field.
- Zip/Postal Code: Use only a 5-digit zip code (e.g., 12345) or a zip+4 can be used as long as a hyphen is inserted before the last 4 digits (e.g., 12345-6789). There can be no spaces before or after the hyphen.
- Address: The street address for your location cannot be a PO Box.
- Tax ID Number
- Tax ID (EIN)
- Tax ID Type (such as SSN, EIN, etc.; this is a dropdown option)
- Business Type (such as sole proprietorship, partnership, LLC, etc.; this is a dropdown option)
- Company Type (private, public or non-profit; this is a dropdown option)
- Stock Exchange (Required only if company type is public)
- Stock Exchange Symbol (Required only if company type is public)
For additional information see New Requirements for SMS Text Reminders - FAQ
Appointment Reminder Settings
You will set Appointment Reminder Settings once and will apply to all Reminders. If you have already done this, skip to the next section.
- Click Organization tab in primary navigation bar.
- Click Appointment Reminders in side menu.
- Enter your Organization Name as you would like it displayed (or said) in your Reminders.
- Set your Reminders Schedule.
- Enter a Callback Number for Reschedules. This is typically your office number.
- Click Save.
Text Message Reminders
Text Reminders are $0.07 per text message in the United States per 160 characters (includes spaces).
IMPORTANT: $0.07 is charged for both reminders sent to clients, AND their responses back to you.
- 0 - 160 Characters = 1 Text Message ($0.07)
- 161 - 320 Characters = 2 Text Messages ($0.14)
- 321 - 480 Characters = 3 Text Messages ($0.21), etc.
- Click Text tab.
- Click Activate Text Reminder Service box.
- Enter Area Code to generate your Unique Reminder Phone Number.
NOTE: You cannot select the Reminder Phone Number, but you can select the area code.
- Edit Reminder Message in the Editor and see Preview on right.
- Placeholders will pull Appointment or Client information into the Reminder. Click appropriate Placeholder to add it to your message.
- Select when you would like the phone reminders to go out each day.
- Click Activate and Reserve My Number. The Text tab will say On indicating that Text Reminders are active.