Permissions: You must have Organization Administration Permissions.
Automatic Appointment Reminders are an Organization wide setting. Enabling Reminders sets them for your entire Organization. After Appointment Reminders are setup, Staff can enable or disable reminders at a Client level. You can setup one or all of the reminders below:
- Email Reminders - Free
- Phone Reminders - $0.05 per minute in the United States
- Text Reminders - $0.02 per text message in the United States to send the Reminder and $0.02 per text Response (Confirmed, Cancelled, Reschedule).
NOTE: A text message is 160 characters. If your message is 180 characters it would be $0.04. Learn more below.
Additionally, if you choose to use Text and Phone Reminders you will be able to do the following:
- Receive Client Appointment Responses - After a Client responds to the Appointment Reminder (Confirm, Cancel, or Reschedule), WebABA will log that Response as an updated Client Appointment Status.
- Get Staff Appointment Status Notifications - Once a Client has responded to an Appointment Reminder, Staff assigned to the Appointment will receive a notification via WebABA alerts at the top of their screen. Additionally, Organization Administrators can enable Text Response Notifications for their Organization. This would allow Staff to receive a text message to their mobile device with the Client's response.
IMPORTANT : Enabling Text Message Response Notifications would be an additional $0.02 per response sent to the Staff Member. Therefore, it would cost you $0.02 to send the reminder, $0.02 to receive the response, and another $0.02 to send that Client response to the Therapist
Appointment Reminder FAQs
- You have the ability to schedule reminders to be sent multiple times prior to the appointment. Additional reminders will be sent even if the appointment is confirmed, but no additional reminders will be sent if the appointment is canceled.
- If the Client is not initially reached on the day the reminder is scheduled, WebABA will retry an hour later.
- If you use both Phone and Text Reminders, once a User is reached and has input a response (Confirm, Cancel, Reschedule), WebABA will stop trying to reach the Client. This way the Client doesn't get a text after confirming via phone or vice versa.
Ready to Get Started? Next Steps:
- Setup Automatic Email Appointment Reminders
- Setup Automatic Phone Appointment Reminders
- Setup Automatic Text Appointment Reminders
Things to Note
- If a User cannot be reached, WebABA will retry an hour later. WebABA will try a maximum of 2 retries.
- If you set both Phone and Text Reminders, once a User is reached and has input a response (Confirm, Cancel, Reschedule), WebABA will stop trying to reach the Client. This way the Client doesn't get a text after confirming via phone or vice versa.
- You can make adjustments to Reminders at anytime.
- If you are not satisfied with the current reminder messages you can send in adjustments that you would like us to make for you.
Confirmations On The Agenda
If Your Client Isn't Receiving Reminders Anymore
- If a client responds with "Stop" then the client will no longer receive the text message reminders.
- The client can reactivate the text message reminders by texting "Start" to (205) 533-9259.
Tip! Don't set text and voice reminders to start at the same time. We recommend setting text reminders to start 3 hours earlier than voice reminders.
Prevent Reminders from Going to Certain Clients:
Simply go to the client's details page and mark the box for "Do not contact by . . ." and they will be excluded from that reminder channel.