Permissions: Must have Organization Administrator Permissions.
You can import Clients into WebABA using an Excel spreadsheet. Download the Sample Import Template (from Import page) to help guide you as you structure you Client Data. The first line of the Template indicates how to structure your Client Data in the Excel spreadsheet. The column headings on the spreadsheet must match the order and names on the Import Clients page or data will not be imported.
IMPORTANT: The import spreadsheet needs to be Excel 2007 or newer ending in .xlsx and not .xls Convert your CSV or txt file to Excel before importing. To convert, simply open the CSV or txt file with Excel and save as Excel file.
- If importing Legal Gender, the gender field must be the full word.
Correct Example: Male
Incorrect Example: M
- Birth Date must be imported as mm/dd/yy NOT mm/dd/yyyy
- Do not have multiple tabs of Web ABA opened at the same time as information may not save between the different tabs. Please do all work within the system on the same tab.
Download Sample Import Template
This template is formatted in such a way that WebABA can read the columns of data being imported; it's not possible to upload a spreadsheet that's formatted differently from this template.
- Locate Client and open Client Profile.
- Click Import Clients in side navigation.
- Click download Sample Import Template.
Import Client Data
IMPORTANT: The column headings on the Excel spreadsheet must be BOTH in the same order AND be written the same way on both the Import Clients page and the spreadsheet.
Make sure to delete columns from the Excel Spreadsheet that you did not select.
- Set up which fields you would like imported.
- Click Add Columns drop-down and select Client information you want to import with the spreadsheet.
- Drag and drop selected columns to arrange them in the order they appear in the spreadsheet.
- Click the blue Click here to upload files button and locate/open excel spreadsheet.
- Preview Client Data before you import.
- Click Cancel Import if you need to correct something in the excel spreadsheet.
OR click Looks good, Import now button to begin Client import.