Permissions: Therapist can create Contact Log entries for their assigned Cases, Administrators or higher can make Contact Log entries for all Cases.
The Contact Log is located in Client and Group Cases and is used to log communications that take place outside of a regularly scheduled appointment.
Related Article: View Case Contact Log
Add New Case Contact Log Entry
- Search for the Client or find them on the Clients page.
- Click their name to access Client Details and click Notes on the left.
- Locate the Case Notes related to the contact from the list of Open Cases Notes and click Case Info.
- Access the Contact Log tab.
NOTE: Contact Log entries can also be made when a new Case is created from the Contact Log tab.
- Click + Note button.
- Enter appropriate Note Information.
- Client Details: This will show you the name of the client. For group cases, it will list the names of all members of the group.
- Date/Time: This should be the dates and time the contact took place.
- Means of Contact: Enter what form of communication was used: Phone, text email, etc.
- Note: Summary of the communication.
Example: Did intro call with client to discuss documentation that needed to be completed. Client said they would complete the paperwork needed.
- Relationship to Client: This is where you can log if the communication was indeed with the client or another person such as the Parent, Spouse, or another Therapist.
- Staff: Only staff members assigned to the case will show in the drop down. If the contact was taken by someone other than staff assigned to the case, enter the contact in the Note.
- When finished, Save or Save and E-Sign. For Group Cases you can Apply Note to All Group Members so the contact is saved in all group members' Contact Log.
NOTE: Signatures cannot be removed. Notes cannot be edited after they are signed.