Permissions: You must have Billing Permissions.
Place of Service refers to the Code used in Insurance billing (CMS 1500 box 24b) and is associated with Locations. More information on Location vs Place of Service.
Default Place of Service is selected to auto-populate on corresponding Date of Service's Invoice.
IMPORTANT: The 02 Place of Service for Telehealth Appointments will override the Default billing place of service when Automatically Set Telehealth session place of service on invoice & progress notes is selected in Organization Profile.
This article shows you how to change Place of Service on Client Invoice. Click here to see how to set it on Progress Note.
NOTE: New invoice creation is only available with a WebABA subscription.
Edit Place of Service on the Invoice
- Locate Client and open Client Profile.
- Click Ledger in side navigation.
- Click appropriate tab to locate Invoice.
- Click Select an Action for desired Invoice.
- Click View Details.
- In Place of Service column for appropriate Invoice, click drop down and select new Place of Service.
- Click Save button.
NOTE: This action will automatically update the Place of Service on an unsigned Progress Note. The following Message will display:
Related Article: Set Place of Service in Progress Note