Permissions: You must have Billing Permissions.
Place of Service is used in Insurance billing and is transmitted to the CMS 1500 claim form in box 24b. Place of Service is different than an Appointments Location.
You can change an Invoices Place of Service. By default, an Appointment's Place of Service is set to Office (11). IF you are subscribed to AccuPoint's Telehealth Service, then the Place of Service code will automatically set to Telehealth (02) if Telehealth location is selected.
Edit Place of Service on the Invoice
- Locate Client and open Client Profile.
- Click Ledger in side navigation.
- Click appropriate tab to locate Invoice.
- Click Select an Action for desired Invoice.
- Click View Details.
- In Place of Service column for appropriate Invoice, click drop down and select new Place of Service.
- Click Save button.
Related Article: Set Place of Service in Progress Note