Available on WebABA Group only. Learn more about WebABA Group.
Permissions: You must have Organization Administrator level permissions to void the payment.
If a client's payment has not yet been settled, the transaction can be voided. If the client's payment has already been processed, you still have the option to Refund a Payment.
WebABA processes payments using two different secure payment processors: Vantage, and Therapy Brands Pay with Stripe. The steps to void a payment in WebABA depend on your payment processor.
Depending on which payment processor your practice is using, click the appropriate tab below to learn how to void payments in WebABA.
NOTE: For payment-related questions, please contact the payments team at 844-311-2570 or email@example.com.
Void a Payment: Therapy Brands Pay & Stripe
Transactions using Therapy Brands Pay with Stripe are settled almost immediately, so most of the time, when you cancel a payment it will be processed as a refund, rather than a void. For this reason, the Therapy Brands Pay report has a Cancel Payment button that performs both refunds and voids. If you Cancel Payment before the charge as settled, it will be voided. If you Cancel Payment after the charge has settled, it will process as a refund.
IMPORTANT: If you are processing payments using Therapy Brands Pay with Stripe, NEVER cancel a payment using the Stripe dashboard. Cancelled payments processed in the Stripe dashboard will not be reflected in WebABA.
- Click on the Reports tab in the menu bar.
- Click on the Therapy Brands Pay report in the Billing section.
- Enter the Transaction Date Range to search for the appropriate transaction.
- Click a Column Header to sort the report according to that column's ascending or descending order, or use the Search to Filter field in the column header to narrow results.
- Optional: Click the Customize Grid drop-down to hide or show report columns.
- Locate the appropriate transaction and click the Cancel Payment button.
NOTE: If the payment has been processed, this will process a refund for the transaction. Since payments with Therapy Brands Pay and Stripe process almost immediately, most cancelled transactions process as refunds.
- Click Confirm on the Cancel Payment window.
Void a Payment: Vantage
You can void a Client's credit card payment before the charge has settled with their bank via the Credit Card Charges Report.
IMPORTANT: If the transaction status is Settled, it is only possible to issue a refund.
Steps to Void
Voiding a charge will remove it from the Credit Card Payment Report.
- Click Reports tab in primary navigation bar.
- Click Credit Card Charges under the Billing section.
- By default, the current month's transaction will display. Adjust the Transaction Date Range to see additional dates.
- Locate appropriate transaction.
NOTE: Filter Report by clicking any of the column headers to sort data ascending or descending. OR, type in search fields to narrow results.
- Click Void in Actions column.
- Confirm that you want to void the transaction.