Apex Enrollment is the second step in setting up Claims in WebABA.
Apex Enrollment does two things, 1) enroll with Payers that require EDIs Enrollment, and 2) enroll with ERAs for your Payers. You will enroll as an Individual (Type 1 NPI), a Group (Type 2 NPI), or as a Combination (Type 1 NPI AND Type 2 NPI).
Before you enroll, be sure that you subscribed to Claims with WebABA. Then complete the following steps:
STEP 2: Enroll with Apex in WebABA.
- Enroll as a Individual (Type 1 NPI)
- Enroll as a Group (Type 2 NPI)
- Enroll as a Combination (Type 1 NPI and Type 2 NPI)
- I'm not sure how I should enroll.
STEP 3: Apex, Change Healthcare, and YOU! - Apex will send your enrollments to Change Healthcare, a 3rd party automation service that helps process your Enrollments more efficiently. Once received, Change Healthcare will reach out to you.
STEP 4: Process your Enrollments with Change Healthcare - A Change Healthcare Rep will reach out to you within 2 business days of your Enrollment and will then work with you to complete your Enrollments with each Payer. They will also help navigate any rejections.
STEP 5: Payer Approved - After the Enrollment has been completed processed and your Enrollment is verified as Approved, you can switch your Payers to Apex in WebABA and begin billing!
Apex Enrollment FAQs
- I completed the Enrollment Survey, how will I know if Apex EDI has received it?
After you submit your Apex Enrollment Survey you will see a Thank You screen - This screen lets you know that the form has been completed. No further action needs to be taken at this time.
- How long will it take Change Healthcare to contact me?
Change Healthcare will contact you with contact you within 2 business days and then will work with you to complete your Enrollments.
- Once I fill out the forms, how long will it take for my enrollment to be approved?
Enrollment times can vary depending on the insurance company and how quick you are to respond to you Change Healthcare Rep when they contact you for additional information. Speak to your Change Healthcare Rep for an approximate timeline.
- Can I get ERAs for Insurance Companies I am not credentialed with?