Permissions: You must have Billing Permissions with the ability to "submit Claims to Clearinghouse" enabled.
- Secondary Claim Information Missing or Invalid (Loop 2430) - Each line must balance; Line Charge Amount (SV102 [HCFA]/SV203 [UB]) = Line sum of Adjustment Amts (CAS) + Line Payer Paid Amt (SVD02)
This means that your Secondary Claim has not made it to the Secondary Insurance Payer. Your Claim has been rejected at the Clearinghouse.
Things to Check
- Check Claim Submission Status with the Clearinghouse. If your Claim is not on file with the Insurance Payer, it is very likely that it was rejected at the Clearinghouse level.
Fix Rejection: Successfully Submit Secondary Claim
In order to successfully submit Secondary Claims you will need to explain how the Primary Insurance Payer processed the Claim.
Payments + Adjustments must = the total amount billed of the Invoice.
In WebABA, this is done with Adjustments.
- Locate Client and open Client Profile.
- Click Ledger in side menu.
- Locate desired Invoice.
- Click Select an Action and select View Details.
- Add Adjustment.
Resubmit Claim to Secondary Insurance Payer.
IMPORTANT: The Claim does NOT need to be marked as corrected as it never made it the Payer.
In order to submit Secondary Claims you will need to explain how primary processed the claim. In WebABA we do this with adjustments.
Click below to watch a quick video to show you how it works: