Telehealth is an add on AccuPoint Subscription. There are two different Telehealth Plans:
- Individual Plan - The pricing is $12 per therapist per month for one on one unlimited appointments.
- Group Plan - Group Telehealth is $25 per therapist per month. This plan allows Telehealth sessions for up to 6 participants (including the provider). You can have multiple staff on these sessions as well.
- Is Telehealth in AccuPoint HIPAA compliant?
Yes. We take your data security seriously and encrypt all your information by HIPAA standards and are HIPAA compliant. Your data is continually and securely backed up. We use Amazon for Hardware and physical security because they are HIPAA compliant and have to follow many rules and that helps us with compliance. AccuPoint does not record or store the audio or video from Telehealth sessions.
- What equipment do I need to offer Telehealth Appointments?
You’ll need the following in order to offer Telehealth Appointments in AccuPoint:
- A computer, tablet, or phone (no applications or software to download).
- An external or integrated webcam.
- An external or integrated microphone.
- An internet connection with a bandwidth of at least 10 MBPS. We recommend an Ethernet cable over Wifi when possible to ensure you receive the best possible connection through your internet provider. You can check your internet speed here.
You should shut down all background applications to ensure Telehealth receives the majority of your internet’s bandwidth, especially applications that use your camera.
Download our Telehealth Resource packet for your clients here. The PDF includes a detailed checklist, our infographic which walks your clients through setting up their ideal workstation, and much more.
- Will my Clients have to download anything on their computers or phones?
No. Your Clients do not have to download anything to securely access their sessions with you. They will be able to join from their phone, tablet, and computer. The Telehealth appointment windows are fully responsive and will adapt to the screen size of your device.
- Do you recommend specific internet browsers?
If you are using a Desktop or Laptop,
If you are using a tablet or mobile phone,
- Who does AccuPoint use for Telehealth?
We use a platform called TokBox. They offer a HIPAA compliant Telehealth tool that we integrate with to bring Telehealth to you in AccuPoint.
- Where can I find information pertaining to my state’s Telehealth policies? How does state licensure work?
Each state’s Telehealth policies vary. It’s best to contact the state where you will be offering services from and the state your client will be in at the time of the service. Many states require that you be licensed in the state where you are located and the state where your client is receiving treatment in.
We’ve included several resources below to help you navigate the state policies:
- American Telemed’s State Policy Resource Center and State Toolkits
- CCHPCA State Laws and Reimbursement Policies and their State Telehealth Laws and Reimbursement Policies PDF (April 2017)
- Do Insurance Payers reimburse Telehealth?
UPDATED INFORMATION DURING COVID-19 CAN BE FOUND HERE.
The honest answer, is “it depends”. Each state and payer have their own policies and reimbursement criteria in place.
We’ve included several resources below:
- How does informed consent work for Telehealth?
Some states do not require consent, while others require written or verbal consent.
You can check your state’s requirements on CCHPCA here. Click your state on their interactive map and scroll down to Consent.
- Do you have any examples of informed consent documents?
Below are a couple of example consent forms that you can implement in your practice:
The Telebehavioral Health Institute has accumulated a library of Informed Consent forms that you can review here.
- What are the requirements and restrictions regarding providing Telehealth services to minors?
You’ll need to be aware of the policies and rules for the state that your client is currently in.
See American Telemedicine Association Practice Guidelines for Telemental Health with Children and Adolescents.
Does AccuPoint record or store the audio or video of Appointments?
No. AccuPoint does not record or store the audio or video from your Telehealth appointments.
- Is there a cap to the number of Telehealth Appointments?
No. You can organize an unlimited number of appointments per provider per month.
- How do I turn on Telehealth in AccuPoint?
You can activate Telehealth under Organization > Manage Subscription > Telehealth Subscription. You also have full control over which providers have access to Telehealth.
We created an in-depth article on activating Telehealth and adding Providers here.
- Can I do Group Sessions?
Yes, we have a group Telehealth option for up to 6 participants including a Staff Member.