Permissions: You must have Billing Permissions.
- Locate Client and open Client Profile.
- Click Ledger in side navigation.
- Click Accept Payment button.
- A list of open Invoices (have a balance) display.
- Either enter Total Amount at top and then select checkboxes for the Invoices you want to apply the Insurance Payment to.
- OR select the checkboxes for Invoices you want to apply the payment to and the Total Amount will calculate at the top for you.
- The Payment Amount applies to the Insurance Amt Due balances, unless the balance has already been paid (in which case you'll see an amount paid in the Ins Amt Paid column).
- If you are making a payment that is less than the Insurance Amount Due, type this lesser amount in the Payment field in the far-right column instead of checking the boxes to the left of the service date(s).
- The Ins Amt Due defaults to the co-pay amount set for the client.
- Back at the top, ensure that Insurance Payment is selected.
- Payment Method will default to Insurance, you can change this is desired.
NOTE: If you select Insurance Credit/Debit card, a message will display to remind you that you're recording an Insurance credit card payment accepted outside of AccuPoint, and not actually charging an Insurance payment within AccuPoint.
- Select Insurance.
- Enter Date, Payment Number and Notes.
- Click Save button.