Permissions: You must have Billing permissions.
This is a suggested workflow to Bill for No Show Appointments. Your Organization may choose to handle No Shows differently. See you Administrator for your Organization's best practice.
- If you haven't already, create a non-cpt Service Type called "No Show Fee" or something that very clearly states what the fee is for.
- Go to the Appointment and update the status to No Show.
- Leave the original Service Type for the Appointment AND add your No Show Fee Service Type.
- Create Invoice for the Appointment like normal.
- Here is where things can differ based on your Organization's policy:
- To charge the Full Session fee PLUS an additional No Show Fee: Email or send the Client Invoice with both Service Types listed (step 3 above).
- To charge just the No Show Fee: Edit the Invoice. Enter a 0 for the original Service Type amount, or remove the original Service Type entirely. Then email or send the Client Invoice.