Permissions: You must have Billing Permissions.
A Payer ID is a unique series of letters and/or numbers that indicate the digital destination of an electronic Claim. WebABA users who submit to Insurance will need to know the Payer IDs of the Insurers who they are credentialed with in order to enroll in Assisted Claims.
Things To Know
- Payer IDs are unique to each Insurance Payer and often times they are Clearinghouse-specific. For example, the Payer ID for Insurance Company X may be 12345 with Apex and 67890 with Office Ally.
- The Payer ID on an electronically submitted Claim tells the Clearinghouse where to deliver the electronic Claim file.
Add or Edit Payer ID
- Click Billing tab in primary navigation bar.
- Click Insurer in side menu.
- Click Edit for appropriate Payer.
- Update the Payer ID field and click Save.
If you need Payer ID list for Apex, click here.