Permissions: You must have Billing Permissions.
In AccuPoint, you have the ability to track Authorization by Service Type or Units. If you do so, you will receive alerts when there are no Authorized Units left or if the Authorization is expiring.
Before you can track Authorization in AccuPoint, Service Types must be aded by an Organization Administrator.
- Learn how to Add Service Types to AccuPoint
Additionally, the Client must have an Insurance Payer added to their Bill To & Insurance Info tab as Authorizations are tied to Insurance.
- Learn how to Add Insurance to Client Profile
You can add as many Authorizations as needed for each Client. An Authorization is considered used when the Appointment Status is marked as Kept. There are other changes to Appointments that can impact the Authorization Counter:
- If you delete a Kept Appointment with an Authorized Service, the counter is recalculated.
- If you manually change a future Appointment to Kept.
- Changing the units defined for an authorized service under Organization Settings > Service Type.