Permissions: You must have Billing Permissions.
Taxonomy Codes are also known as Additional Insurer IDs. If you select Staff Member from under Related To the ID Number will also show in the boxes 24I and 24J in the CMS 1500 forms.
Find Taxonomy Code
- Visit the NPI Registry site. Click: https://npiregistry.cms.hhs.gov/
- Enter your NPI Number into the field, then click Search.
Enter Taxonomy Code to My Clients Plus
- Click Billing tab in primary navigation bar.
- Click Insurers in side menu.
- Click Add New User or Edit an existing one.
- Click +Additional ID.
- Select the Qualifier, Location, Staff Member/Organization, and enter ID Number.
- Click Save.
Note: If you select a Staff Member from under Related To the ID Number will also show in the boxes 24I and 24J in the CMS 1500 forms.