Permissions: You must have Billing Permissions.
Taxonomy Codes are also known as Additional Insurer IDs. If you select Staff Member from under Related To the ID Number will also show in the boxes 24I and 24J in the CMS 1500 forms.
Find Taxonomy Code
- Visit the NPI Registry site. Click: https://npiregistry.cms.hhs.gov/
- Enter your NPI Number into the field, then click Search.
IMPORTANT: You will need the taxonomy number for the Organization and for each billing provider. Please note these are two different taxonomy numbers.
- Select the taxonomy that is labeled Yes.
Enter Taxonomy Code to WebABA
- Click Billing tab in primary navigation bar.
- Click Insurers in side menu.
- Click Add New User or Edit an existing one.
- Click +Additional ID.
- Select the Qualifier (ZZ), ID Number (nppes.cms.hhs.gov) Location (Any), Organization & Provider, and enter
- Click Save.
Note: If you select a Staff Member from under Related To the Provider Taxonomy Number will appear above box 24J in the CMS 1500 forms. The Organization Taxonomy Number will appear in box 33B.