Permissions: You must have Billing Permissions with the ability to "Submit Claims to Clearinghouse" enabled.
- Invalid/missing patient gender code
Usually this rejection indicates that the Gender is missing from the Insured's information.
Insured is not self - they have to manually change the gender
- Locate Client and open Client Profile.
- Click Bill To & Insurance Info tab.
- Scroll down to Manage Insurances section.
- Click Edit for appropriate Insurance.
- In the right side column, scroll and make sure the Gender is not "undefined."
- Save changes.
- Resubmit Claim.