Create multiple, consecutive prescriptions for C2 medications at the same time using the Additional Scripts link in the sig builder. After entering sig instructions and dispense information, you can add additional prescriptions for the same medication with future dates and transmit them to the patient's pharmacy all at once. You must be registered for EPCS to prescribe controlled substances through NewCrop.
Before you Begin:
Complete the EPCS Registration Process
Prescribe a Controlled Substance
- From the Compose Rx tab, locate the medication and click on the appropriate Medication Form to open the sig builder.
NOTE: You must Complete the EPCS Registration Process to prescribe a controlled substance through NewCrop.
- Enter Sig Instructions and Dispense Information, then click the Additional Scripts link.
- Click the Script 2 and Script 3 Checkboxes to create a second and third additional prescription.
- Click Save.
NOTE: Additional Scripts default to a 30-day supply with a start date that is 30 days after the previous prescription.
- The sig builder indicates that additional scripts will be created. Click the Prescribe button.
- The Transmit Rx page displays the Consecutive Prescriptions and Dates. Complete the Two-Factor Authentication Process to transmit the prescriptions to the pharmacy:
- Enter EPCS Pin.
- Enter Passcode or authorize via Push Notification.
- The Rx Receipt page displays an individual receipt for each prescription.