NewCrop uses to Electronic Prior Authorization (ePA) to speed up the prescription approval for medications with prior authorization requirements. If prior authorization is needed, prescribers can submit the necessary information directly to the patient's health plan through a link to CoverMyMeds before transmitting the prescription to the pharmacy.
Before you Begin: Understand how to Send a Prescription Electronically with NewCrop
Jump to Section: [Submit ePA] [Check ePA status]
- Select the medication, then click the Prescribe button.
- Enter Sig and dispense information, then click the Prescribe button.
- Click the Prior Auth Required link in the Real Time Benefits and Coverage table for the selected prescription option.
NOTE: NewCrop checks for medications requiring prior authorizations. This link may display even if your patient already has a prior authorization on file with the pharmacy for the prescription.
- CoverMyMeds opens in a new tab. Enter the information requested by CoverMyMeds and click the Send to Plan button.
NOTE: Specific questions will vary based on medication and health plan. In some cases, answering "Yes" will trigger additional questions.
- Fill in the requested information on the Send Request to Plan page, then click the I Agree checkbox.
- Fill in your name and signature, then click the Fax button.
- The Fax Sent to the Plan confirmation screen displays.
- Click back to the NewCrop Tab to return to the Real Time Benefits and Coverage Information page, then click the Prescribe button.
- Click the Transmit button to send the prescription to the pharmacy.
Check ePA Status
- Click the ePA link at the top of the screen.
- CoverMyMeds displays the status of all submitted ePAs.