Use the Replace feature to remove an active medication and replace it with new prescription at the same time. This is especially helpful when making changes to the strength of an active medication.
Replace an Active Medication
- Navigate to the Active Medications list on the Compose Rx tab and locate the medication you need to replace.
NOTE: The Replace feature is not available on the Active Medications list on the Med Entry tab.
- Click the Caret on the Edit button to open the drop-down menu, then select Replace.
- Click the appropriate Medication Form to replace the original medication.
NOTE: The search results windows displays different forms and strengths of the original medication. You can also use the drug search field to find and select a replacement medication that is not in the default search results.
- Fill in the Sig Instructions and Dispense Information, then click the Prescribe button.
- Review Benefits and Coverage Information, then click the Prescribe button.
- Click the Transmit button to send the new prescription to the patient's pharmacy.
- Navigate back to the Compose Rx page to review your changes. The new prescription displays on the Active Medications list and the original prescription displays on the Discontinued Medications list.