Use the Replace feature to remove an active medication and replace it with a new prescription at the same time. This is especially helpful when making changes to the strength of an active medication.
Replace an Active Medication
- Navigate to the Active Medications list on the Compose Rx tab and locate the medication you need to replace.
NOTE: The Replace feature is not available on the Active Medications list on the Med Entry tab.
- Click the Caret on the Edit button to open the drop-down menu, then select Replace.
- Click the appropriate Medication Form to replace the original medication.
NOTE: The search results window displays different forms and strengths of the original medication. You can also use the drug search field to find and select a replacement medication that is not in the default search results.
- Fill in the Sig Instructions and Dispense Information, then click the Prescribe button.
- Review Benefits and Coverage Information, then click the Prescribe button.
- Click the Transmit button to send the new prescription to the patient's pharmacy.
- Navigate back to the Compose Rx page to review your changes. The new prescription displays on the Active Medications list and the original prescription displays on the Previous Medications list.